I understand that most of you new users don't really know what Bitcoins are, or why you should use them over d2jsp Forum Gold, and you probably don't really know why using Ogrr would be better than d2jsp or other trading forums.
So let's start with d2jsp:
d2jsp is a great community and trading nexus in many ways and it has really been the only place for trading Diablo 2 for many years and there haven't really been any alternatives to that at all other than a few short-lived forums built up pretty much around their own forum currency to earn $ and they've all failed.
The only reason to why d2jsp has succeeded so well is just because there haven’t been any good alternatives to it at all and that is what we're trying to create here.
Some information about d2jsp:
- njaguar has earned millions of $ on selling Forum Gold
- The user at the bottom of the "Donors (Top 50)" has donated over 9000$.
- To be able to keep the worth of Forum Gold stable he has to get Forum Gold out of the system.
- Creating a game like Ladder Slasher and take a few % FG per trade done there isn't enough.
- Users buying Guilds and features aren’t enough.
- Users paying 5 FG per search isn't enough (this is for searching in one of the sub-forums).
- The forum gold it costs to buy features like Orbs, Media Slots and Friend Slots just simply doesn't cut it either.
- njaguar locks users accounts for no reason at all, top donors or not, he simply doesn't care and it seems to be the only way he can keep the worth of Forum Gold.
This is just some minor information and just looking at it you can tell a lot about d2jsp:
njaguar has earned millions of dollars on d2jsp but he's not fair to his users at all.
For years he's been locking users with a lot of Forum Gold for bullshit reasons or no reason at all simply to get gold out from the system,
that will most likely never change because there is no other way for him to control the worth of Forum Gold.
I believe he's probably fond of the black market trading of Forum Gold because in his eyes it actually justifies getting tons of Forum Gold out of the system and it's bullshit.
d2jsp and Forum Gold has been superior to any other way of trading for years but it's really not good at all and it's time for a change, time for users to control and own their currency with the ability to cash it out and do whatever they want with it.
Basic information about Bitcoin (mBTC) and the use of it on Ogrr:
I promise you, you'll get the hang of it!
On Ogrr we use a currency that already exists outside of Ogrr and it's just integrated to our site and used instead of Forum Gold.
A member of Ogrr can buy Bitcoins from various different places online vs $/Euro or whatever currency that is used in their country and simply add it to their Ogrr account: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins
You can also withdraw the Bitcoins you've added to your account here or earned from selling items on Ogrr WTF!?
njaguar owns all of the Forum Gold on d2jsp and does what he wants with it, every user of Ogrr own their own currency and may do exactly what they want with it.
So let's try a story version of this:
Mike on d2jsp:
Mike joins d2jsp
- sells items he's earn on Runescape and Diablo vs Forum Gold
- tries out an Ipad a friend bought and decides to save up for one of his own
- logs on to his d2jsp account and realizes he has more Forum Gold than what he could have use for
- decides to sell some of his Forum Gold on another trading forum for $ and take the risk breaking the d2jsp rules thinking "fuck it, I got the Forum Gold for my stuff"
- Finds a user named Carl that already has 45.000 Forum Gold but decides to buy 5000 more from Mike (He's just saving up for the Diablo 3 release)
- Mike sells 5.000 Forum Gold vs xxx $ to Carl
- Both of their accounts are locked within a few hours and njaguar gets 50.000 Forum Gold out of the system.
No Ipad for Mike and Carl is a pissed off teenager ready to create hell on earth
Sarah on Ogrr
Sarah joins Ogrr
- sells some Runescape items she's earned over years of playing Runescape vs mBTC
- quits Runescape and starts Diablo 2
- buys Diablo 2 items with the mBTC earned from the Runescape items and now got an awesome Hammerdin
- spends night after night killing Mephisto, Baal and trading items she doesn't need vs mBTC
- listens to her friend Mike going on all day long about an Ipad he's planning to buy
- withdraws some of the mBTC she's earned by selling Diablo 2 items on Ogrr to a Bitcoin-exchange and sells them vs dollar
- logs on to Apple.com and orders an Ipad
Saga becomes the world champion of Temple Run on her Ipad
I'm usually around through the whole day but please allow up to 24 hours for a reply