Ogrr is getting a new everything.

If you want to see what's new, like bugs (and report them) and have some fun in the process (and badges and points ;) ) please feel free to join alpha ... soon.

New Bitcoin Business Ideas

Views: 747 Posts: 30

reagancount

mBTC: 0.00
Ratings: 0 
#1  Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:15 pm
Ok, I have an awesome idea... Lets just say, I am more than a successful nerd in the romance department. My love attacks crit for +10K. To help out my fellow nerds this valentines day I will come up with valentines day plans for you and your lady friend. I will even make your reservations for the evening. You will pay me a gratuity (15% of the evenings cost) or 2 bitcoins, which ever is less.

Who's ready for some lovin?

jesse

Site Manager
mBTC: 29,994.38
Guild: Ogrr
Ratings: 4 (100 %) Verified 5
Badges:
#2  Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:31 pm
how much for a hot blonde?

dsterry

Friend of Ogrr
mBTC: 1,000.00
#3  Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:46 am
I'm not sure I need help with plans but what means: "My love attacks crit for +10K." My English parser choked on that.
Buy and sell your downloads at coinDL: https://www.coindl.com - We sell and help you sell music, ringtones, graphics, eBooks/eMags, videos and more in seconds!

jesse

Site Manager
mBTC: 29,994.38
Guild: Ogrr
Ratings: 4 (100 %) Verified 5
Badges:
#4  Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:24 am
dsterry wrote:I'm not sure I need help with plans but what means: "My love attacks crit for +10K." My English parser choked on that.

he means his seduction is OP, and can 1hk any chick, despite her attempt at defenses.

Faraday

#5  Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:17 pm
Haha, really? That's the best idea you had? :P Well it's better than any I have (none :P ). Or to be perfectly honest, if someone is interested in seeds or tracker invitations my nick is JohnGlas on bitcoin-otc, or just PM me here.

In fact, when I think of it I'd like to be the first to dibs "If there is anything from Norway/Norwegian sites you need then I can help you out, just contact me" ;)

BitTron

#6  Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:21 pm
Anyone tested http://forbitcoin.com/ ? I think it's a simpler way than going through all the irc and gpg :)

dsterry

Friend of Ogrr
#7  Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:39 pm
BitTron wrote:Anyone tested http://forbitcoin.com/ ? I think it's a simpler way than going through all the irc and gpg :)

Gig/Job sites are a great idea and desperately needed but forbitcoin.com has been listed for sale for a while. At this time I think the best potential candidates are http://bitgigs.com and http://workforbitcoin.com
Buy and sell your downloads at coinDL: https://www.coindl.com - We sell and help you sell music, ringtones, graphics, eBooks/eMags, videos and more in seconds!

anon22

Ratings: 1 (100 %) 
#8  Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:39 am
I tried forbitcoin.com sold a pack of cigs for one bitcoin awhile back it worked out.

JaMpO

#9  Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:08 pm
ROFL a hot blonde would be cool y^^

Faraday

#10  Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm
I like all the webcam for money ideas chicks has come up with. It really puts in perspective how girls think compared to boys when it comes to "I need to sell something, anything, for money/btc" :P

Beans

mBTC: 41.00
Guild: Grim Reapers
Ratings: 1 (100 %) 
#11  Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:39 pm
Most girls I like call the police. Would you be able to fix this?

BitTron

#12  Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:10 pm
Thanks for the two alternatives dsterry :) They seem more serious though, but good to know for the future. Right now I'm just selling lame stuff like being friend on facebook, at least until I get some coins flowing :P

(10 post :D )

TrouT

mBTC: 10.00
#13  Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:04 am
Ok yea that sounds good.
What what? In your Butt.

dsterry

Friend of Ogrr
#14  Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:58 pm
coinworker.com has been a good way to get some BTC as well if you're willing to do some simple repetitive web work for it. All you need to start is a Bitcoin address which you can get at instawallet.org.

heavyweaponsguy

#15  Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:22 pm
dsterry wrote:coinworker.com has been a good way to get some BTC as well if you're willing to do some simple repetitive web work for it. All you need to start is a Bitcoin address which you can get at instawallet.org.

Thanks for the link!

heavyweaponsguy

#16  Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:39 pm
I would edit this into the post I just made, but it won't let me =/

Do you think we could get a thread or list going of the 'best' tasks on coinworker? Like, which ones are easiest, least likely to fail you, make you the most mbtc / hour?

Also, think about how far under minimum wage we're making... But its still worth it because we'd be doing nothing better XD

DeathMenace

Ratings: 6 (100 %) 
#17  Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 am
heavyweaponsguy wrote:I would edit this into the post I just made, but it won't let me =/

Do you think we could get a thread or list going of the 'best' tasks on coinworker? Like, which ones are easiest, least likely to fail you, make you the most mbtc / hour?

Also, think about how far under minimum wage we're making... But its still worth it because we'd be doing nothing better XD

there are no best tasks because they change daily If you want a task that pays good look for one with over 4 points, I made 1.6k mbtc in 24 hours on coinworker which is free money in my book

heavyweaponsguy

#18  Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:15 am
DeathMenace wrote:
heavyweaponsguy wrote:I would edit this into the post I just made, but it won't let me =/

there are no best tasks because they change daily If you want a task that pays good look for one with over 4 points, I made 1.6k mbtc in 24 hours on coinworker which is free money in my book

Ahh, I see, I just spent about 2 hours on it, got an even 1 BTC just doing the "would you buy it" thing (12 points)
If you do the math, 1 point is roughly equal $0.01, which is pretty good for spare time profit.

Jacob

Ratings: 2 (100 %) 
#19  Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:19 pm
epic business is epic.
-lgndr

DeathMenace

#20  Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:30 pm
heavyweaponsguy wrote:
DeathMenace wrote:

Ahh, I see, I just spent about 2 hours on it, got an even 1 BTC just doing the "would you buy it" thing (12 points)
If you do the math, 1 point is roughly equal $0.01, which is pretty good for spare time profit.

Yea i spend an maybe 30 minutes each day going through the tasks and completing some stuff. Love the site and the idea.

stupid

#21  Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:57 am
dsterry wrote:coinworker.com has been a good way to get some BTC as well if you're willing to do some simple repetitive web work for it. All you need to start is a Bitcoin address which you can get at instawallet.org.

Agreed. It just needs more tasks! It's always empty whenever I go there.

(Or only has some Twitter job which takes too long)

stupid

#22  Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:59 am
heavyweaponsguy wrote:If you do the math, 1 point is roughly equal $0.01, which is pretty good for spare time profit.

You don't need to do any math. 1 point = $0.01 is their official policy.

The BTC/USD rate only comes into effect when they send you your bitcoin payment.

Faraday

#23  Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:23 pm
stupid wrote:

SO true! When are they going to realize that the payment for those twitter thingies is too bad? I mean it's the only job that's never empty.

DeathMenace

#24  Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:52 am
Faraday wrote:
stupid wrote:

SO true! When are they going to realize that the payment for those twitter thingies is too bad? I mean it's the only job that's never empty.

Yea it only pays like 2-3 points which sucks IMO

Satori

#25  Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 am
reagancount wrote:My love attacks crit for +10K.

Yikes! Am I the only one who read that and got a visual of what a Natural 1 would look like with that?

Building a BitCoin website with a CMS like Drupal is pretty straightforward now. With GLBSE up in Beta and BitcoinStarter about to launch any day now, it's pretty easy to get an idea, raise the cash to get custom coding done, and then have something that brings in more cash than mining does.

This means that a) Great ideas are going to become websites faster than ever before, and 2) CMS coders are going to be able to make a killing.

- How about a site where people post the links to torrents of obscure stuff? Three thousand people all sharing the same Britney Spears album are out there, but when it comes to finding something great and old and maybe even geeky, there hasn't been a real motivation to keep a copy available online - data just falls off the edge of the internet. So if people could seed obscure stuff - which has more intrinsic value since it's rare - and post the links to a torrent site, other users who are looking for that stuff could search, find it, and pay a negligible fee in BitCoins to get the link to it.

- What about a similar website where people posted bounties for data or information? People could web sleuth and research to find and supply it.

- Corporate espionage on Tor-based sites? Corps paying their competitors' employees to leak info, vulnerabilities and legally-actionable corrupt practices? Business would quickly become "survival of the nicest".

- I also have a site I'm trying to start that would use BitCoin to create political accountability, and keep politicians and corporations accountable to the law. Internet users would profit from compiling information and crowdfunding the attorneys' fees. See the link below for that one.
The Wolfpack Project: BitCoin + Crowdfunding = Political accountability
Exchange rate

$0.00 USD : 1 BTC : 1000 mBTC (high)

$0.00 USD : 1 BTC : 1000 mBTC (low)

$0.00 USD : 1 BTC : 1000 mBTC (weighted)

$0.00 USD : 1 BTC : 1000 mBTC (last)

$0.00 USD : 1.0 BTC : 1000 mBTC (weighted)

Send mBTC to
mBTC Amount:
Comment:

Override tipping limit by entering funds password

Your tips: ## @ #### mBTC

Others' tips: ## @ #### mBTC

$## USD : ##.## BTC : #### mBTC (weighted)

Enable tipping on your account

In order to tip on ogrr.com (which sends a small mBTC amount that you configure yourself to the owner of the forum post you want to give props to, and adds to the props count visible on the post itself), you need to do two things:

Send Quick PM
Subject:
Convert currencies
All conversions are approximate.

mBTC:

Guild:

Ratings: